6 Brilliant B2B Marketing Tips for Achieving Business Growth
Your B2B marketing strategy is very different from what you will do for B2C marketing. When talking to end customers, it helps to connect on an emotional level. For B2B the buying decision is more logical and research-based. They are not purchasing for themselves, rather for end consumers.
It is essential to have the right marketing tips for B2B customers. It will help you achieve business growth. Our article will share 6 brilliant tips.
B2B Marketing Tips for Business Growth: 6 Brilliant Ones to Try
Research the Market
Any marketing 101 courses will tell you to start with research. You cannot have a marketing strategy without the backing of relevant data. Have information on the market, brands, target customers, and competitors.
Think About Awareness Creation Strategies
If you have a new business, you must invest in awareness creation. B2B customers are very particular about the companies they deal with. We are in no way saying that they would not give you business because you are new. However, you stand a higher chance if they know something about your company.
There are various methods available to you to increase market visibility.
- Have a website and invest in building organic audiences. Optimize your website for the search engines. It allows you to enjoy good rankings on search engines.
- Content creation will place you as an authority in your industry. The process is critical. But it is very different from what you would have for B2C customers. Consider use of business blogs, white papers, case studies, and industry reports. Such will get you the mileage you need. For B2C audiences, you have more leeway on what you can post. However, in both cases, proper research and relevant content still rule.
- Have a strong link-building strategy to land on authority websites. According to LinkDoctor, many companies struggle with link building. Yet, it is a critical SEO tool that can help increase brand awareness. Consider it an investment to get the right company to handle the work. It is very important, especially if you do not have the expertise.
- Local SEO – Enlist in Google my business or locals directories
- Take advantage of PR opportunities to get into the media.
Use Both Database and Relationship Marketing
Database marketing is where you focus on existing customers. The advantage is you already have the relevant information about them. It makes work easier when targeting or personalizing your messaging.
Relationship marketing goes a little bit deeper. You work on getting the relevant people to trust and like you. Customers are more comfortable transacting with people they already have a relationship with. It starts with understanding their needs. Next, you become the go-to solution provider.
As the relationship progresses, create more relevance for your services. That is why some companies allocate resources to product development. They can pre-empt future needs, making them a fantastic resource to the B2B customer.
Email Marketing For B2B Customers
Email marketing is a powerful tool for B2B customers. The advantage you have is the ability to come up with a precise email list. Since you already know the companies you are targeting, it should not be difficult.
When thinking about the messaging, show value. B2B customers want to know how your product or services will help them achieve their bottom line. Here are some things to consider.
- Increase open rates with catchy subject lines
- Generate leads with a powerful CTA
- Personalize emails with audience segmentation. It makes the recipient feel like you are talking to them directly.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing works well for B2C customers. But, it’s also an excellent platform for B2B marketing.
The executives you are targeting most probably have social media accounts. Be strategic about how you use social media.
Decide on the right platform depending on the industry. Let’s say your B2B client sells products targeting teens. They are likely to have a presence on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat. So you miss out on opportunities by not following them where they are.
- LinkedIn is the best professional networking platform. It is the meeting ground for many companies and professionals. If you must choose a maximum of two platforms, LinkedIn should be one of them.
- Think about your content – be relevant and address specific needs you have identified
- Be personable for better engagement. Some company posts come across like a robot drafted them
- Be active on the platforms and take advantage of networking groups. It is an excellent chance to build awareness of your company and its offerings.
- Link your social media platforms to your website. It’s a fantastic way to build organic audiences.
Be realistic about your expectations when marketing on social media. It may not necessarily be the best place for collecting leads. However, you get a cost-effective way of creating brand awareness.
Continue To Collect Feedback and Monitor Your Activities
The best way to determine if what you’re doing is working is to collect feedback. Your team is the first point of information. Talk to the receptionist who first receives customers or calls. Next, talk to the customer-facing staff members. They interact with the customers every day and collect a lot of valuable information.
Also, collect feedback from the customers themselves. Sometimes the best way to get information is to go directly to the source.
Continuously monitor all your activities. Tools such as Google insights and A/B testing will let you know how you are performing in the digital space. It is especially useful if you want to know whether your website is impactful or not.
Now use that information to adjust or improve your marketing strategies appropriately.
We have shared six brilliant B2B marketing tips for achieving business growth. Research your market and customers because it determines everything you do. Your strategies must show value. Remember, the B2B customer makes decisions based on value and critical insights, not emotions.